Graduate student interns are integral to Kente Circle’s mission and work. Interns at Kente Circle gain valuable experience regarding relationship and team building, cultural competency, and self-of-the-therapist issues. These experiences occur through training and supervision and in practice through co-therapy teams, cultural events, and group dialogue. Kente Circle is committed to building relationships between the interns, staff, the larger community, and our clients.
Applications are due Friday, January 20th, 2023
**Submit a current resume and cover letter to [email protected] or bring them by the office in person during the open house**
KENTE CIRCLE IN PERSON OPEN HOUSE on January 11, 2023. Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend for Internship consideration. Time: 4 pm to 6 pm.
Internships run from August 1st, 2023, to June 30, 2024
Co-therapy teams: Interns work with experienced therapists in teams to provide therapy to diverse individuals, couples, and families. Additionally, MFT, MSW, & PsyD interns work as a team to best meet the needs of client assessment and diagnosis.
Cultural Competency: Culture impacts all of the work we do at Kente Circle as it relates to ethnicity, socio-economic status, sexuality, ability, etc. Interns experience ongoing dialogue and reflection on these topics in supervision, with one another, and at various training and cultural events throughout the year.
Self-of-the-therapist: Because our individual histories and experiences impact our work as therapists, Kente Circle invites interns to reflect on issues that come up for them while working with clients and with one another. The team environment at Kente Circle challenges interns and staff to work through these issues, believing that our processes are not separate from how we provide therapy.
- One hour of individual supervision per week
- Two hours of group supervision twice a month
- Monthly cultural events and Monthly training
- Expected minimum of 20 hours per week for combined administrative work, office agency duties, co-therapy, and client contact hours
- In-office and school-based therapy opportunities
- Applications consist of a formal cover letter and resume from MFT, MSW, and LPCC students and are due by Friday, January 20th, 2023
- All applicants go through an interview process that consists of an individual interview with several Kente Circle staff, as well as a role-play (Feb. 2 th and 3 th 2023)
- Final selections will be completed by mid-February 2023.
To learn more about our training experience, visit https://www.kctraining.org/internship.