Graduate student interns are an integral part of Kente Circle’s mission and work. Interns at Kente Circle gain valuable experience regarding relationship and team building, cultural competency, and self-of-the therapist issues. These experiences occur not only through trainings and supervision, but also in practice through co-therapy teams, cultural events, and group dialogue. Kente Circle is committed to relationship building not only between the interns and staff, but also with the larger community and our clients.
Applications due Friday January 21th, 2022
**Submit current resume and cover letter to [email protected] **
KENTE CIRLCE VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE on January 12, 2022. Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend for Internship consideration. Time: 4pm to 6pm
Internships run from August 1st, 2022 to June 30, 2023
Co-therapy teams: Interns work with experienced therapists in teams to provide therapy to diverse individuals, couples, and families. Additionally, MFT, MSW, & PsyD interns work as a team to best meet the needs of client assessment and diagnosis.
Cultural Competency: Culture impacts all of the work we do at Kente Circle, as it is related to ethnicity, socio-economic status, sexuality, ability, etc. Interns experience on-going dialogue and reflection on these topics in supervision, with one another, and at various trainings and cultural events throughout the year.
Self-of-the-therapist: Because our own individual histories and experiences impact the work we do as therapists, Kente Circle invites interns to reflect on issues that come up for them while working with clients and with one another. The team environment at Kente Circle challenges interns and staff to work through these issues, believing that our own processes are not separate from how we provide therapy.
- One hour of individual supervision per week
- Two hours of group supervision twice a month
- Monthly cultural events and Monthly trainings
- Expected minimum of 20 hours per week for combined administrative work, office agency duties, co therapy, and client contact hours
- In-office and school-based therapy opportunities
- Applications consist of a formal cover letter and resume from MFT, MSW, and LPCC students and are due by Friday January 21nd, 2021
- All applicants go through an interview process that consists of an individual interview with several Kente Circle staff, as well as a role-play (Feb. 3rd and 4th 2022)
- Final selections are completed by mid-February 2022.
To learn more about our training experience visit https://www.kctraining.org/internship