Kente Circle Training Institute
We are excited to announce that Kente Circle Training Institute (KCTI), 501(c) 3 nonprofit is now active.
All trainings and workshops previously hosted by Kente Circle are being transferred to KCTI.
The goal of KCTI is to expand circles of support and enhance community relationships to inspire social change.
KCTI will do the following:
• Empower people to understand their strengths and areas of growth
• Equip training participants with new information, skills, and knowledge necessary to grow
• Engage the community to proactively address health and wellness
• Embrace all forms of diversity by offering culturally relevant training experiences
We hope our events will generate a healthier sense of community. We plan to support and build collective power by engaging community members in experiences that discourage living in racially, socially, culturally and religiously isolated ways that do not support health and/or healing. We believe our events will create a ripple effect that will create lasting social change.
We also plan to raise funds outside of our training fees to provide training and academic scholarships for children and adult learners with the purpose of investing in and supporting community.
The following is a sample list of trainings/programing to be offered at KCTI:
• Research: develop culturally sensitive and effective therapy approaches for diverse groups of people
• Community space for “neighbor hosted events”: cooking classes, drum lessons, budgeting classes, receptions, retirement planning, lawn care/gardening, meditation, etc.
• Community workshops for parents, students and community members
• Cultural competence training
• Extended training experiences for post-graduate students, including training experiences abroad
• Training tailored to people in specific racial, ethnic and cultural groups
• Professional trainings designed specifically for agencies, corporations, and clinicians
• Scholarships for academic and training opportunities and workshop attendance
Kente Circle Training Institute Rendering
In our new space Kente Circle and KCTI will share office space on the upper level. The lower level will house a training space managed and operated by KCTI. When KCTI is not holding trainings in its space it is our hope to develop a model that will allow the training space to double as a gathering place for the community.
KCTI specific website will coming soon.
Donations are now being accepted:
Your donation will help Kente Circle Training Institute 501(c) 3 non-profit to provide cultural competent training, workshops, research and consultation. Our services are provided to students at all levels of experiences.
All of our services are conducted from a multicultural and relational perspective. KCTI seeks to promote social justice, countering societal forces that undermine people due to race, gender, culture, class, sexual orientation, religion, or disability.
Thank you for considering to make a donation to KCTI! Please click on the button below to pay with paypal or a credit card.
“Each One Teach One” African Proverb
Start your new path in life and be the change today!Click Here