Graduate student interns are an integral part of Kente Circle’s mission and work. Interns at Kente Circle gain valuable experience regarding relationship and team building, cultural competency, and self-of-the therapist issues. These experiences occur not only through trainings and supervision, but also in practice through co-therapy teams, cultural events, and group dialogue. Kente Circle is committed to relationship building not only between the interns and staff, but also with the larger community and our clients.
Co-therapy teams: Interns work with experienced therapists in teams to provide therapy to diverse individuals, couples, and families. Additionally, MFT, LPCC, SW, and PsyD interns work as a team to best meet the needs of client assessment and diagnosis.
Cultural Competency: Culture impacts all of the work we do at Kente Circle, as it is related to ethnicity, socio-economic status, sexuality, ability, etc. Interns experience on-going dialogue and reflection on these topics in supervision, with one another, and at various trainings and cultural events throughout the year.
Self-of-the-therapist: Because our own individual histories and experiences impact the work we do as therapists, Kente Circle invites interns to reflect on issues that come up for them while working with clients and with one another. The team environment at Kente Circle challenges interns and staff to work through these issues, believing that our own processes are not separate from how we provide therapy.
- One hour of individual supervision per week
- Monthly trainings
- In-home clients minimum of 4.5 hours
- Expected 20 hours per week for combined administrative work, agency duties, co-therapy, and client contact hours
- Interns work for one full year beginning in July
- Cover letters and resumes from MFT, SW, PsyD, LPCC and MSW students are due January 19th, 2018. Please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All applicants go through an interview process that consists of an individual interview with several Kente Circle staff as well as a role-play.
- Must be available for both interviews on February 8th and 9th, 2018.
- Final selections will be completed by early February.